Click here to apply.
Click here to view a list of the 2014-2015 LISA Grant Recipients!
Purpose of the LISA Grant
MASL's Librarians Impact Student Achievement (LISA) Grant was created to enhance professional development and improve the expertise of school librarians, and to increase the financial assistance to MASL regions to help plan in-depth professional opportunities for region members. The funds will be awarded to those librarians/regions that can show a need for the program/activity/event and how it will have an impact on student achievement.
Examples: A proposal to provide funding for members to attend the MASL Spring Conference or Fall Professional Development Day; a proposal to bring a popular speaker or author to the region for a workshop.
Nature of the Award
The MASL Board will annually determine the amount available for the award of this grant(s). The amount that may be awarded can vary based on applications and available funds. The grants will be awarded (or not) based on the applications received. It is at the discretion of MASL whether to partially or fully fund each award.
- Every MASL Region Affiliate is eligible to apply for this grant.
- The region/applicant agrees to present a program disseminating activities/experiences at the MASL Spring Conference (or the Fall Professional Development Day, if applicable).
- The region/applicant must submit a written report within 60 days of the activity's completion (to include evaluations, copies of invoices/receipts, etc.)
Grant Application and Selection Process
- Region president must complete this application and submit to MASL
- The completed application must be received by September 15.
- The MASL Professional Education Committee (PEC) will review and score applications using a blind review/rubric based process.
- PEC will present the selected recipients to MASL's Executive Committee who will then recommend them to the Board of Directors for approval.