Print Page  |  Contact Us  |  Your Cart  |  Sign In  |  Register
E-books and downloads
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

1/23/2013 at 2:53:42 PM GMT
E-books and downloads
As we continue the battle to keep up with our student needs, I am wondering if there is a source that anyone has used  to give students access to e-books on their own devices. In my middle school media center, I have 20 kindles or nooks that I check out to students.  However, so many in our population of students now have their own devices that we are noticing a huge decline in materials checked out as well as a decline in checking out the e-readers.  Is there a source we can use, like the public library, where a student can bring in their own device and download books from my library?  I am losing so many students to the free downloads that MCPL offers and want to be a primary source for our kids too.  Any thoughts?

1/23/2013 at 11:01:09 PM GMT

Francis Howell (in St. Charles County) has recently started using FollettShelf. It integrates with our Destiny catalog and students can download items to iPads and Android 3.0 tablets. Other devices require internet access to read the books (smartphones, Kindle Fire). We're still in the learning stages, but I have been pleased with it, so far.

Cheryl Skiles

John Weldon Elementary

Last edited Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Community Search
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

12/19/2017
New Librarian Webinar Series

1/16/2018
New Librarian Webinar Series

2/20/2018