Can't attend the full 2014 Spring Conference, but want to get a little professional development and then some? Register for the conference's Book Talk Sunday! Held on Sunday, April 13, the first day of the conference, Book Talk Sunday allows registrants all the benefits of MASL's one-day conference package, but with the option to attend book talks presented by a variety of authors. The cost is $89.
Registrants will attend:
- One of MASL's Advance Targeted Workshops, held from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Either book talks or general workshops, from 1:30-3:45pm. A listing of workshops is available here, and book talks include:
- Urban Literature, presented by Contella Farley of the St. Louis Public Library
- Great Books for Young Children (Grades K-3), presented by Vicki Erwin of Main Street Books
- Multiethnic Literature for Grades 5-8, presented by Dea Borneman, Cherri Jones, and JB Petty
- Exhibitors and the Exhibitor Reception for attendees
While the General Session meal/speaking event from 6:00-8:00pm is not included in this package, Book Talk Sunday registrants are more than welcome to purchase a ticket to attend that meal/speaking function if they would like. Tickets for that event may be purchased here.
Cancellations must be received in writing on or before Tuesday, March 25, 2014, to be eligible for a refund. Refunds, less a $25 processing fee, will be made after Wednesday, April 30, 2014. Cancellations received after Monday, March 25, 2014 are not eligible for a refund. Substitutions made in writing are welcome at any time.
The MASL Spring Conference Committee will make every effort to fulfill program offerings; however, MASL reserves the right to cancel or substitute as necessary.