MASL is a sponsor of Epsilon Beta, a club for high school students interested in the library. Its official name is Episcpoi Tes Bibliothekes: "Keepers of the Library."
The first Epsilon Beta club was started in Washington, MO in 1931, and by 1969 the organization had expanded statewide. MASL invites its members to start a club chapter at their own school to continue this great Missouri tradition.
Chapters engage in a variety of activities, including:
- Book donations to local libraries
- Teacher appreciation events during National Library Week
- Social events
- Participation in school events, like Homecoming
- Coordinating activities during Children's Book Week and Teen Read Week
- Monthly shelf reading in the library
- Attending the annual statewide Epsilon Beta Convention
- and more!
An Epsilon Beta Club is a great way to highlight the multifaceted value your library provides to your school! If you have questions about starting up an Epsilon Beta chapter at your school, please contact MASL's Epsilon Beta Liaison Georganna Krumlinde at KRUMLING@troy.k12.mo.us.
Visit this website for more information on Epsilon Beta.